Are you ready to feel pampered, beautiful, sexy and confident? Don’t worry if you’re not, we’ve got some ideas to help in preparing for your boudoir photoshoot.
1. It’s important to fill in your booking sheet and make a time to have a chat with us over the phone about your shoot. We want to make sure we understand exactly what kind of images you want to create. Book a call with me here so I can answer all your questions.
2. Have a think about when you would like your photos to be ready so you can decide when you want to do the shoot. Are the photos needed for a special occasion such as a wedding gift or anniversary? If so, remember we need anywhere from 2-6 weeks to have your prints or album ready so it’s a good idea to do the shoot at least 6 weeks before you want to have the finished product. We usually book shoots at least 2 weeks in advance to give you enough time to prepare yourself.
3. In the weeks leading up to your shoot it’s a good idea to go through your outfits at home and work out what you might want to wear and if you need to buy anything. Watch our video on what to wear here for advice on what to bring. If you decide to go shopping for some new outfits remember that lingerie will be most flattering if the fit is slightly too big and not cutting into your flesh and creating bulges. If you have any problem areas like tummy or thighs, look for outfits that will cover them or grab a sheer mid-length gown to help keep you covered. Check out our list below for recommended suppliers of lingerie, and read this blog post for more detailed information.
4. Have you been getting some exercise? Doing some physical activity not only helps to tone your body but it will improve your fitness and flexibility to help you with posing. Believe it or not some are actually physically challenging! Obviously we will help you as much as possible and we won’t ask you to do anything that is too uncomfortable.
5. Keep up your intake of water to help hydrate your skin and hair.
6. Make your beauty appointments to happen in the week before your shoot. These are completely optional but some beauty treatments that might help you look and feel your best for your shoot are:
Eyebrow shaping and/or tinting
7. On the day before your boudoir photoshoot: Wash your hair, pack your bag and get a good night’s sleep!
8. SHOOT DAY!! Make sure you have a good breakfast as you could be with us for up to 4 hours. Bring a snack if you wish. Don’t worry about putting on makeup, and only do your hair if we aren’t styling it for you. Wear some loose, comfortable clothing and don’t put on a bra as it will leave you with strap marks and that never looks good in photos. Double-check you’ve got everything you need, grab a bottle of water and let’s go!
Here’s some suppliers we love!
Lingerie- Minxxx Charlestown- Very helpful staff, large range of fun and exciting lingerie. Specialising in Plus Size lingerie https://www.minxxx.com.au/
Lahes, Brows and Fake Tans- Newcastle Brow & Lash Co. Hamilton- https://thebrowandlashco.com.au/
Hair- Teezers Hair, Lambton- For colouring, styling and treatments Contact here
Apprile hair and Beauty, Darby Street email@example.com