We know the idea of an intimate photoshoot is pretty nerve-wracking and daunting. We know the idea of taking off your clothes in front of someone you barely know can be terrifying! We value your comfort above all else, so having a photo shoot in the place where you are most comfortable just makes sense. When you book an in home boudoir session then all you need to do is a basic tidy up around the house. When we arrive you’ll go straight into getting your makeup and hair styled with our professional artist while I begin the process of setting up. I will check out your home and find the best backdrops and lighting locations, and start setting up ready for the shoot. I might need to move around a bit of furtniture, remove some clutter and add some draping and furnishing. It really doesn’t matter what your house looks like to begin with, you might be surprised at what looks good on camera!
Some before shots:
Here’s a few tips we recommend to get your place ready for a fabulous in home shoot:
- do a basic tidy up around the whole house so there is some clear floor space
- remove clutter from the bedroom especially around the bed
- strip the sheets off your bed completely as we will bring fresh ones
- do a light dusting of the bed head and bedside tables
- if it’s a warm day make sure you put on the air conditioning or fans to keep yourself cool
- if you’ve got a good looking bathroom and are considering a shower or bath shots, please make sure it’s clean and free of marks and streaks
- mirrors look great in photos, if you have a nice big one in your bedroom please give it a clean so there’s no marks or spots
- you’ll need a room with good natural light for your hair and makeup to be done. Work out the best place and clear off a table for our artist to use.
- you may end up laying on couches, rugs or carpet so give them a vacuum especially if you have pets or children
- if you have some nice props or furnishings that you think would look good in the photos please leave them out for us. Some things that look good are rugs, soft throws, a nice chair, fresh flowers in vases, candles and cushions.
- don’t forget to have something to eat before we arrive and drink plenty of water. The session will take a few hours and it can be surprisingly physically demanding.
Now get ready to have some fun!
And the end result:
For more information and pricing for our photography sessions go here >>> https://missmonroe.net/pricing/